Friday, October 6, 2006

I Don't Need a Reason

By Rick Williams


People often wonder
what is right and what is wrong.
We wonder what our purpose is
and where we all belong.

We wake and rise each morning
and ready for our day
some may go to school or work
and others might just play.

Some people have a purpose
and others have no clue
of why it is that they're put here
and what they are to do.

Many people need to think
that "someone" put them here
while others are content to have
no god to praise or fear.

To some my way of thinking
is called "outside the box"
but I don't care that they may think
my head is full of rocks.

For I believe that this is hell
and not what's after death.
All the things that happen now;
before our final breath.

Pain and sorrow are no fun
on that we all agree,
but they can be our private hell
and feel like eternity.

Me? I don't need a greater reason
to live upon this earth
than to eat and drink, and maybe sex,
and share a little mirth.

Who knows how long that we may last
or how long we'll be here?
So eat and laugh and love,
and drink another beer.

Sometimes my thoughts can be quite strange
and border on bizarre,
but that's what makes me who I am
instead of who you are.

No comments: