Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Destiny

by Rick Williams


I hope that when I'm dead and gone
a few might read my written word.
To see what thoughts flowed forth
from me--an ordinary nerd.

I'd like for folks to be surprised
at thoughts I had inside.
'Cause I had my public persona
behind which I would hide.

It frustrates me that choices made
were seldom what they seemed.
When high hopes and expectations
failed to come off as I dreamed.

I think of things I like to do
and shrug a mental sigh.
I've arrived intact to where I am;
no reason now to try.

I guess it's just one way I feel
Like I'm not where I should be.
It's like I caught the wrong train
As childhood fell from me.

I don't believe in destiny
but it's an interesting thought.
If we had pre-chosen paths
would we like what they had brought?

No comments: